- Download Windows 98SE Patch - 274370usa8(162KB) - View Microsoft Knowledge Base Article - 274370 Windows 98 Second Edition / Windows ME SRB_FUNCTION_SHUTDOWN Requests Not Sent to SCSI Miniports During Shutdown Patch Release Date: This patch corrects a problem that occurs when a SCSI miniport driver does not receive an SRB_SHUTDOWN_REQUEST message during the Windows shutdown process.
- Download Windows 98SE Patch - 290831usa8(152KB) - Download Windows ME Patch - 290831(We need this file) - View Microsoft Knowledge Base Article - 290831.
- Download Windows 98SE 242937usa8(338KB) - View Microsoft Knowledge Base Article - 242937 Windows 98 First Edition Year 2000 -1st Update (English) Release Date: 12/04/1998 This component is part of the Windows 98 Customer Service Pack.
This update corrects several minor issues associated with generating dates on your computer on or after January 1, 2000.
Windows98 Second Edition does not require this patch.
The larger the number of drives that are mapped, the more likely the problem may occur.
This patch updates your Works for Windows version to 4.5a.
- Download worksy2(2,958KB) - View Microsoft Knowledge Base Article - 191999 Microsoft Word Viewer 97 This document reader is may be required to view some documents.
- Download Windows98SE Patch - 273017usa8(225KB) - Download Windows ME Patch - 273017(224KB) - View Microsoft Knowledge Base Article - 273017 Windows 98 Second Edition Shutdown Supplement Release Date: Addresses shutdown issues on systems with specific hardware/software configurations running Windows 98 Second Edition.
These issues include systems restarting when selecting shutdown and systems hanging on shutdown.
This new update to Windows 98 corrects some minor issues associated with generating dates on your computer on or after January 1, 2000.